Friday, February 21, 2014

Go Canada Go !

Sorry to my American friends...I couldn't resist this.

Here's a card I created today after the Canadian Men's Hockey team beat the Americans to advance to the Gold Medal game in Sochi at the 2014 Olympics.


It uses a really cute Cheryl Alger Image from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

I also should mention that I watched the women's game yesterday afternoon and bit all my nails off during it, as Canada came from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game with about 3 minutes left. Then they won in 4 on 4 overtime. Glad that's over...way to go Women's Team Canada Hockey team.

I'm entering it in the following challenges:
1. Kraftin' Kimmie - #217 - Anything Goes
http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/2014/02/february-krafty-peeksday-three-and.html
2. Sassy Chery's Show Me Thursday #
http://sassycheryls.blogspot.ca/2014/02/show-me-thursday-139.html
3. Open-Minded Crafting Fun - #4 - Monochrome
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.ca/2014/02/challenge-4-monochrome.html
4. PINspirational Challenges #95 - Anything Goes
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.ca/2014/02/pinspirational-challenge-95.html

10 comments:

  1. Lol, Lynn this card is BRILLIANT ....what a wonderful tribute to your wonderful sportsmen ..and women who have done Canada proud. ..surely with such support GOLD will be added to a wonderful tally of Canadian medals. I'm sure your American friends will enjoy this card as much as your British friend is now.

    I love your patriotism and the fun with which you created this awesome card. ..."Go Canada Go" indeed.

    Lots of Love Ingrid xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, love your team spirit. Adorable image. Thanks for sharing with us at {pin}spirational challenges. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully coloured. Love the vibrant red.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!! And Canada really pulled it off this year in the men's AND the women's!! They kicked our butts LOL!! I REALLY enjoyed watching them too!! Love this image.. its just perfect!! Love it Lynn!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a fellow Canadian, this card ROCKS! ;o) Such a sweet image and great CAS design. Love it! Thank you for joining us this challenge at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges. Hope you join us again!

    Amy A~DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn :) Such a cute card! :) Love the bright red!
    Thanks for playing along at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Monochrome challenge. Wish to see you again next time!
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Yes! Go Canada Go! I am very proud to be a Canadian after watching those hockey games. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational this week.
    Artsy-Arts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH LOOOOOVE it being a fellow Canadian I'm very happy with this win! I kept telling Susan how good we were... since she's an American and I'm a Canadian... it was fun lol. Love your card! Great coloring and fabulous image!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed both games, but congrats to Canada!
    I am loving this card. Super gorgeous and of course, you know I ADORE the red!
    Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it.
Sending big cyber hugs to you,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin